Kilmurry NS promotes physical activity.
- Each class is timetabled to do one hour of PE per week.
As well as this we encourage physical activity during break times. Children partake in a wide range of activities such as;
- Skipping (Each class is timetabled to do skipping for one lunchtime each week)
- Trotting Tuesday (Whole school activity where each class moves from station to station doing different activities for 5 minutes)
- Leagues for basketball and soccer.
- Older children are trained as playground leaders to help infants to play games in the yard.
All children in our school have taken part in 4 initiatives this year;
- Super Troopers with Laya Healthcare
- Bizzy Breaks with the Irish Heart Foundation
- Lets get active award pocket planner with the Irish Heart Foundation
- Operation Transformation 10 at 10.
As well as this Children take part in lots of other sports in school;
- Cross Country Running